Marvill Web Development Concept. Design. Create.
Recovery Mode – press home button while inserting USB Cable.
DFU Mode – Power down while USB is connected then power on with home and power button release power but don’t release home until device has been recognized by your computer. (DFU Mode there is no display from your device) Tethered means that every time you reboot or get battery drain you will have to connect your Device to boot jailbreak version of IOS-5.
Tethered means that you have to boot your device in dfu mode each time you reboot it to use the aid of jailbreak this is very difficult since you will have to maintain charge so as not to reboot it and get stuck on the apple icon.
Semi-Tethered this is the work around for devices that have been jailbreak when installed each time your device reboots means it will boot to apple system however you will still need the aid of your pc to boot to tethered mode to use jailbreak applications. As of the moment this is the updated and most comfortable one to use. (You can find this below this post).
Untethered this is the preferred one however it isn’t available yet. (I’ll Keep you posted)
1. Download iTunes 10.5 HERE 2. Download IOS-5 for your apple device HERE 3. Download Redsn0w for Jailbreak (current ver. redsn0w_win_0.9.9b4) HEREFor Devices that came from jailbrake version please note that you will have to boot to recovery mode before you can update to IOS-5.
1. Install ITunes 10.5 to your desktop PC. 2. Once Installed you have to connect your device and make sure it is in RECOVERY MODE. (Even if you have downloaded the firmware you have to be connected to the internet when updating it needs to verify the file from apple server). 3. Once connected to pc press SHIFT while clicking restore on your device summary in itunes. This will prompt you to browse to the firmware you have downloaded stated above. 4. Now let it do its thing and just let it update. Once it’s done you will be able to boot to the new IOS-5.
1. Browse to zip file Redsn0w and extract content. 2. From Extracted content run redsnow 3. Click on extras and click on Select IPSW and browse to the firmware downloaded and used to update your device. (It will prompt that the firmware will be used for the session, click ok and then back) 4. Click on Jailbreak then it will patch firmware, remove tick on battery percentage just leave INSTALL CYDIA. 5. Power Off Device and follow steps to DFU Mode (If your having trouble go to youtube and search video to DFU Device) 6. Once in DFU the device will run a script to Jailbreak your device just leave it for some time until it boot up). 7. Close redsnow application when its done then run it again click on extras again. 8. Select IPSW again and browse to firmware again. 9. Click on Just Boot Tethered and put your device to DFU Mode and its all set.(Take note of steps 7 to 8 when your device reboot or runs out of batt you will have to this 3 steps again)
Getting Installous:Install Appsync from cydia choose IOs 5 Restart SpringBoard
1. Start Cydia 2. Click on Manage and Select Sources the Add http://cydia.hackulo.us/ 3. Then install Installous 4 from Hackulo.us this is awesome. (Thank you Hackulo.us) 4. After Launch Installous and Enjoy all the great apps.
1. Open Cydia, Go to manage and add http://thebigboss.org/semitether 2. Update and Look for SemiTethered and Install 3. Now you don’t have to get stuck on the apple logo when you restart..
Please login to post a comment.
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Unit 312 Tower A, Palm Towers, St. Paul Street, San Antonio Village, Makati City, Philippines - 1203
DIRECT LINE: 899.4601 MOBILE LINE: +63922.8630171 FACSIMILE: 899.4601 WEBSITE: www.marvill.comFOLLOW US: Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram